Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pyro Gallery 'Double Vision' Show and Reading

I am pleased to say that I am one of the poets represented in a collaborative project at the Pyro Gallery in downtown Louisville. I collaborated with sculptor John McCarthy, who is also working with my daughter Teagan's kindergarten class as an artist-in-residence at Lincoln Performing Arts School. Together we made an homage to my father, who died during the collaboration. An article from the Courier-Journal is here. The show runs until February 15, and on February 5, I will be reading at the gallery, including a poem about my father's death that will appear in the journal Forklift, Ohio this year.

You can also listen to an interview on ART x FM radio from Rachel Short's "Keep Louisville Literary" show here. I talk about the project, read a poem, and talk about my father, yoga, and the collaboration.